Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The SSO service failed to start. After installing VS 2010

Post from: http://blogs.msdn.com/ashishme/archive/2009/08/14/fixing-biztalk-entsso-failure-on-windows-7-vista-or-server-2008-after-vs-2010-beta-installation.aspx\

I've been running BizTalk 2009 on my Windows 7 machine, and after installing VS 2010 beta 2, the Enterprise Single Sign-On Service stopped working.

It failed with the following error:

Could not create SSOSQL. To fix the problem, reinstall SSO or try 'regasm SSOSQL.dll' from a Visual Studio command prompt.
Error Code: 0x80131700

The file is located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Enterprise Single Sign-On\SSOSQL.dll

Run Visual Studio Commmand prompt as Administrator and run 'regasm "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Enterprise Single Sign-On\SSOSQL.dll"'.


On 64 bit machines (windows 7, Vista, W2008 etc) you need to call regasm.exe utility explicitly from this folder:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\regasm.exe

11 comments:

Saravana Kumar said...

Thanks Very much, it helped.

Ram Kinkar Pandey said...

It really helped, Otherwise i was to reinstall Biztalk Server. Even repairing ESSO did not worked.

John Viggo Grønbech said...

Thanks alot! I found this solution on other sites first, but those did not mention the x64-bit so their solutions did not help. Yours saved the day though :)

Unknown said...

Very helpful. I struck the same problem after installing the retail release of VS2010 Pro on my Win7x64 machine. Problem fixed.

Many thanks.

Anonymous said...

Kudos for sharing. Have been trying to devise a solution for this problem for a number of days now.

Anonymous said...

I dont have vs2010 but installed framework 4. Had the same error, register did not fix it and neither did a fix bix biztalk install... I am removing framewor 4 now :(... let us see what it does.

Anonymous said...

removing .net famework 4 got it to work for me. For now I will live like this I guess.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to post. This was exactly what I needed, I appreciate it.

Unknown said...

thank you very much !!! saved my day

Prakash Beegala said...

Thanks a lot for this. Your hint for the 64 bit was the key though

Unknown said...

The technical steps really worked. Saved my Day...
Thanks to the Techyyyy
Regards,
Raj