Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Error when using Upload File or New Data Source option in Report Manager

Post from: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/sqlreportingservices/thread/af7650a8-148c-455e-99f3-3384b073e66f/

Problem:
I have just installed SQL Server 2008 and am having problems using Report Manager. Initially, I had problems accessing Report Manager so I removed the SSL identifies on both the web service and report manager website using the configuration manager.

This solved the problem of accessing Report Manager. However, if I now click on either the "Upload File" or "New Data Source" buttons in Report Manager I get the following error:

"Internet explorer cannot display the webpage".


Resolution:

Go to: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10.SQL2008\Reporting Services\ReportServer
Open: rsreportserver.config
Set value of "SecureConnectionLevel" to 0 (zero);
Restart your Report Server.

No comments: